Women at Work Volume One, Interviews from The Paris Review
“In a letter to his parents, George Plimpton once described The Paris Review interview as ‘an essay in dialogue on technique.’ As you will see from this volume, technique is always the main topic—how a writer begins to write, to think of herself as a writer; what struggles she meets; if and how she overcomes them. But thanks to the unusual method invented by Plimpton and the other founders of the Review in the early fifties, and still in use today, the conversation is never limited to a discussion of craft or structure. The dialogues turn into stories of their own.” —Ottessa Moshfegh, from her preface
Women at Work, the first anthology from the Paris Review Editions imprint, features interviews with Margaret Atwood, Simone de Beauvoir, Elizabeth Bishop, Joan Didion, Isak Dinesen, Hilary Mantel, Toni Morrison, Jan Morris, Grace Paley, Dorothy Parker, Claudia Rankine, and Marguerite Yourcenar.
Complete your collection with Women at Work Volume Two
- Women at Work is a limited edition and only available for purchase on our website.
- Paris Review Editions, 2017, Paperback, 396 pages.
- Books will ship in early November.
- U.S. orders will ship on a weekly basis; please expect 2 weeks for delivery, unless you chose expedited shipping.
- Canadian and international orders ship on a monthly basis. Please allow approx. 8 weeks for delivery.
- If you have any questions about your order or would like expedited delivery, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.